"Spring Sunrise Trio"
Acrylic Abstract Triptych
Click here to purchase.
If you read my blog posts from the last two days then you MUST be feeling more confident about your art. Now it's time to focus on getting your art seen. Let's start with Pinterest.
I am hoping most of you are familiar with Pinterest. The idea is surprisingly simple. Pinterest is an online collection of your favorite images and photos in one convenient location. All you have to do is put the ‘pin it’ button on your toolbar (on your computer) and as you surf the web, any photo you see can be saved easily, quickly, and, best of all to artists, it keeps the original source with it.
Just that alone would be enough to have artists everywhere cheering in delight. Seriously, another way for people to essentially follow your art is great, right? Not only does the person pinning the photo get to keep your site in mind forever, but they also share their ‘pins’ with others. Millions and millions of others. Your audience just grew substantially.
If the idea of Pinterest is still intimidating, consider the following marketing ideas for your boards:
1. Videos: Pinterest loves videos. What videos can you pin to a board?
2. Keywords are big on Pinterest, so be sure to think carefully about what you name your picture and what words you use in the description. You can even use hashtags on Pinterest and if you're trying to get the attention of another Pinner, use the @ followed by their Pin-name to tag them.
3. When you add your pin, don't forget to tweet it and add it to Facebook; you can do this as soon as the pin is loaded.
4. When you blog, be sure to add great pictures to your blog so that when you pin your blog post to your board, you can capture a great image. Images on Pinterest are obviously important!
5. Click the "popular" link on Pinterest to see what's hot and what's trending. You might be able to make this part of your content strategy.
6. Be sure to promote your Pinterest account on Facebook, Twitter, on your website, and in your email signature line, of course.
Mom. Wife. Artist. Marketer. Teacher. Radio Show Host.
My Favorite Things
Some of my posts contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for full disclosure.