There are times when I get really tired of typing the same thing over and over on my iphone. Most of the time my phone remembers things like my name and email address and it gives me the option to autocomplete the word after I type a few letters. But, what about hashtags? Is there a way to save the same hashtags you put in an instagram post every day of the year?
Yes there is!!! There is a great shortcut on the iphone called Text Replacement. This shortcut will enable you to type one word which will then be replaced by any text you choose. Hence the name, "Text Replacement". Unfortunately I only know how to do this on an iphone. I am sorry that I don't know how to do it on an android phone. (You are probably thinking I should look it up and post it here. But did you forget that I am cooking for 220+ this week?) So sorry, there is no spare time on my agenda this week.
So here is what you need to do to create a Text Replacement on your iphone:
1. Go to Settings and select General and then Keyboard.
2. Select Text Replacement and click the "+" sign in the top right.
3. Under Phrase type in what you want to appear. I typed in:
#art, #abstract #abstract art #coastal art #interior design #interiors
4. Under shortcut type what ever you want the word to be that triggers the autofill. Don't type a common word. Otherwise this will happen everytime you type the word on your iphone. And that's not a good thing. Since I use this for hashtags I typed in:
5. Click Save at the top right.
Now when I am creating an Instagram post I always end the post by typing in #art and #art, #abstract #abstract art #coastal art #interior design #interiors automatically appears.
I also added another text replacement. When I type "lsfa" it changes to my website address, http://www.saetastudio.com. I cannot believe how much time this saves me!
Mom. Wife. Artist. Marketer. Teacher. Radio Show Host.
My Favorite Things
Some of my posts contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for full disclosure.